The $250 Mac laptopPublished 2013-03-29
|$120||+||a used Mac Mini||eBay|
|$100||16" portable USB monitor||Amazon|
A couple comments:
- It's not really a laptop, but it's portable.
- There's no battery; you'll need a nearby power outlet.
- Prices are current as of today, 2013 Mar 29.
- I've tested out the above display and keyboard; they work great so far, despite being cheap.
- Please don't ever buy wireless mice or keyboards:
- The batteries will die intermittently and unpredictably.
- BlueTooth devices will require pairing.
- Some people turn their mouse off to save batteries, but if you forget to turn it back on before waking your Mac, it won't be paired.
- How do you login or start the pairing process if you don't have a working mouse?